Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Day 10

10:07am Day 10


This is so weird, me and Maddi went into the cave entrance from the proper way in and looked at all the carvings and... there was this one with 5 amulets linked together but, this is the weird thing, the amulets had jewels were the irises should be, the same shape and colour as ours and each jewel was glowing.

"Come see this you guys!!" Maddi yelled up to Dilshen, Kieran and Kim, who were waiting above,

"What is it?" Dilshen yelled back

"An interesting carving!" I replied

"O.K, we're coming"

"This is so exiting, I wonder what it means?" I asked Maddi

"We'll find out soon" Maddi said watching Dilshen float down with Kim and Kieran held behind in some sort of gravity free bubble, I clipped her amulet to mine and then Kim, Dilshen and Kieran handed me their amulets so I clipped them together and clipped the amulets to the raised stone fixed to the wall. As I put them in place the carvings glowed blue and from the center a message was projected, it was in an alien script so Kieran held the Ank over it to translate it and Kim read;


You must dive, to Sapphires home,

Each of you must use your own.



Deep deep down, by the bright star stone,

A light must fall, from the unknown.



Yellow sparkles in the heart,

Each of the jewels must do their part.



From the crater, land will arise,

A place of anguish, in disguise...


"Cool, I love riddles!" I exclaimed

"Y-e-d-a-y-e-f-a, what could that mean?" Dilshen asked

"What the hey are you on?" Kieran asked Dilshen, while the rest of us looked at him and thought the same thing,

"See-" Dilshen began

"The first letter in each line in each line, Y-e-d-a-y-e-f-a"

"So that means?..."

"Dunno"

"Um, peeps, is it something to do with the radioactive river, that Dilshen nearly fell into?"

"Don't think so, see, how could a light fall into an underwater river? and it's to deep for this star stone to be visible"

"So, it said to Dive to sapphires home"

"Sapphire is more pure water, and the river is to polluted with radiation"

"So..." We all looked at each other and nodded, we had reached the same conclusion at the same time, we jumped into the air and flew towards the lake.

1:34pm Day 10

I don't know if you have ever flown before, but it is the most free feeling that you will ever get, as I flew towards the lake I relaxed, lying in the air.

"Hello, this is your captain speaking" Kieran said, setting us off giggling. We were all carrying the few items we had left, 5 journals, Rope, 1 Cooking pot and 5 sleeping bags.

"Flight #7645 will be ending shortly, please fasten seat belts and prepare for descent to sector #1137" Kieran continued

"A.K.A the lake" Kim said

"Kim, you killed it!" Kieran complained

"So anyway, get on the lookout for craters, falling stars and Sapphire homes" I commanded

"Dilshen, fly around above the lake, Kim, Kieran, you guys can look around the edges and Maddi, you can be a drifter, help Dilshen for a bit then come help me"

"Yessir" Kieran mocked

"But what about you?" Kim asked

"I will look around underneath the surface of the lake, I can breath water as well as air, remember? and Maddi can make a bubble of air around herself."

"O.K, to your stations everybody!" Dilshen yelled

"Rodger" Maddi, Kim, Kieran and I replied, as if we had rehearsed it, Dilshen floated off, Kim and Kieran started examining the waters edge and Maddi and I dived into the dark, cold lake...

9:27pm Day 10

We were sitting by the fire staring at the stars, Maddi and I hadn't told the others what we found, yet. Dilshen randomly pointed to a small, bright star and, using his ability to control space, dragged it downwards, as it broke free of whatever gravity holding it up, it plummeted down to earth, splashing in the lake. I watched it intently, and when it splashed exactly were I hoped it would, I jumped up. Turning to find Maddi had jumped up too we screamed excitedly and sped off, Me floating through the water just as fast as Maddi, who was flying over top. I reached the tunnel in the lake first and swam down twisting and turning until at the chamber at the bottom I stopped, and smiled. I was right, the fallen star had landed right in the middle of the chamber

"The rhyme was right" Maddi thought

"Yes" I replied, we were communicating telepathically, in other words mind to mind. I recited the rhyme by heart

"You must dive, to Sapphires home,

Each of you must use your own.



Deep deep down, by the bright star stone,

A light must fall, from the unknown.



Yellow sparkles in the heart,

Each of the jewels must do their part.



From the crater, land will arise,

A place of anguish, in disguise..."

"Cool, it must be the part that says "Deep deep down, by the bright star stone, A light must fall, from the unknown." Maddi recited

"And the part
"You must dive, to Sapphires home" we had to swim a long way."

"Yes! Lets go get the others"

11:42pm Day 10

I fidgeted impatiently as Maddi cast a bubble of air around Dilshen, Kim, Kieran and Herself, But, soon enough we were zooming along underwater. We reached the crater of the submerged Mountain and swam downwards, towards the fallen star. Once we were in the chamber at the bottom, Maddi expanded her air bubble to cover the entire cavern,

"See, the star is there, the one Dilshen made fall. And look at the inscription." I told everybody

"Whoa!"

"Cool!"

"Eeek!"

"I know, lets press our amulets into the inscription, everyone put their own one in"

"O.K."

"Nothings happening"

"Where's the yellow?"

"Yellow, what yellow?"

"Yellow sparkles in the heart" Dilshen quoted

"Is it this Topaz? It does sparkle" Kim asked picking up a large topaz from the floor

"Where was that?"

"On the floor, here I'll put it in"

No comments:

Post a Comment